Video: Smile Makeover
Cosmetic specialist Dr. Ettienne Van Zyl can give patients a full smile makeover through a combination of dental treatments. Popular smile makeover procedures include porcelain veneers, dental crowns, and dental implants. At his Collierville, TN practice, Dr. Van Zyl will educate each patient about the different treatment options available for their unique needs.
At the practice of Dr. Ettienne van Zyl, we firmly believe that everyone deserves to be happy about his or her smile. It is an unfortunate occurrence when multiple cosmetic concerns cause individuals to avoid smiling altogether. If you are dissatisfied with the appearance of your smile and aren’t sure where to even begin, a complete smile makeover may be the answer. Memphis area patients have access to a leading cosmetic dentist, who redesigns smiles to fit beautifully with the natural facial aesthetics. Dr. van Zyl has extensive technical skills combined with an artistic eye for achieving beautiful results. A smile makeover is a thoroughly-crafted plan tailored for each individual smile, ensuring a successful outcome. For more information regarding a smile makeover, contact our Collierville, Tennessee practice serving the Memphis area today.
Smile Makeover Procedure
Dr. van Zyl will first meet with you for a smile makeover consultation. The goal of this meeting is not to determine what is wrong with the smile, but to determine the ideal result. Dr. van Zyl has an excellent aesthetic eye, and can skillfully recommend the best treatments for achieving your cosmetic goals. He will also map out the entire plan for administering treatment. Procedures may be carried out simultaneously and over the course of several months. A smile makeover will include any combination of the following procedures:
- Teeth whitening – Dr. van Zyl recommends having a KOR whitening treatment first, so he can match any restorations to your beautiful, bright white smile.
- Porcelain veneers – If you have chipped, cracked, broken, or otherwise flawed visible front teeth, porcelain veneers are natural-looking tooth coverings customized for your smile. Veneers effectively conceal any imperfections for a gorgeous smile.
- Invisible braces – ClearCorrect™ corrects misaligned teeth and other orthodontic issues with a series of clear, plastic removable trays. This treatment is an effective, yet inconspicuous alternative to traditional metal braces.
- Restorative dentistry – Dental implants are a permanent solution for replacing missing teeth. The implant is a titanium post surgically placed in the jaw to function as the root of the tooth. Then, a natural-looking prosthetic tooth is attached to the implant, filling the gap. Dentures are another alternative to replace missing teeth.
- Porcelain crowns – Porcelain crowns are natural-looking caps that fit snuggly over badly decayed or damaged back teeth to restore beauty, strength, and functionality.
- Composite dental fillings – Replace silver amalgam dental fillings with beautiful, white composite material for natural-looking, unnoticeable results. The composite material can also be used to reshape cracked or chipped teeth.
Candidates for a Smile Makeover
Dr. van Zyl will determine whether you are a good candidate for a smile makeover. Almost anyone who is displeased with his or her smile can benefit from a smile makeover. Ideal candidates are individuals who require a combination of cosmetic dentistry procedures for achieving a beautiful smile. Common cosmetic issues may include teeth that are:
- Crooked, twisted, or incorrectly positioned
- Uneven, too short, or too long
- Cracked, chipped, broken
- Decayed or damaged
- Discolored or stained
- Widely spaced – gaps between teeth
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
There are certainly advantages to undergoing a smile makeover, including:
- Achieve a beautiful, perfect smile
- Enhance confidence and boost self-esteem
- Prevent tooth loss, infection, and disease
- Improve oral health
- Look healthier and more youthful
- Achieve a smile that better fits your facial features
- Long-lasting results
Risks or Side Effects of a Smile Makeover
There are very little to no serious risks associated with a smile makeover. Before beginning any treatment, Dr. van Zyl will discuss potential issues and make sure all of your questions are answered. It is important that you go to only an experienced, skilled, and highly trained cosmetic dentist such as Dr. van Zyl to avoid serious risks.
Individuals may experience some discomfort or tooth sensitivity after certain procedures. Additionally, some time may need to pass in between treatments for proper healing.
Learn More about Smile Makeovers
Are you tired of having a less-than-perfect smile? If so, it may be time to visit Dr. van Zyl. To learn more about a smile makeover, including costs, contact our Collierville practice serving all of Memphis today.