If you are missing several teeth, Dr. Ettienne van Zyl can help you explore different types of dentures at his Memphis, TN-area practice. Tooth loss can take a serious toll on a patient's quality of life, but today's dentures offer incredibly effective solutions. A complete denture is a custom restoration used to replace an entire dental arch, while partial dentures are designed to replace multiple consecutive teeth. In addition to traditional dentures, Dr. van Zyl offers implant-supported dentures, which look, feel, and function just like natural teeth. Contact us today to schedule your personal denture consultation.
Dental implants are small titanium posts that are surgically placed in the jaw to replace lost tooth roots. During a natural process called osseointegration, dental implants become permanently fused with the jawbone. Once healed, implants provide the ultimate foundation for dentures. More patients than ever are choosing implant-supported dentures because of the incredible benefits:
- Patients will not have to alter their diets, because implant-supported dentures allow you to chew any foods without having to worry that your restorations will slip out of place.
- It is easy to enunciate properly with implant-supported dentures, so you can speak with complete confidence and clarity.
- Implant-supported dentures have an incredibly lifelike look and feel.
Additionally, dental implants are the only restorative solution that can prevent the jawbone atrophy that occurs following tooth loss. Left untreated, the bone tissue will stop receiving proper stimulation, which prompts the body to begin distributing the tissue elsewhere. Dental implants can stop this bone loss and preserve the integrity of the jaw.
Dr. van Zyl is proud to offer removable and attached implant supported dentures. With the removable option, the dentures snap to the implants, and can be removed for cleaning. Attached implant dentures remain affixed to the implants, and are not removed for hygiene routines by the patient.
Traditional dentures are removable restorations that typically consist of a gum-colored acrylic base supporting artificial teeth made of dental-grade porcelain. They usually attach to surrounding teeth, or they are secured with mild dental adhesives. Traditional removable dentures can be an effective restorative solution for patients who are seeking:
- Minimally invasive treatment: Traditional dentures do not require surgery or extensive recovery times.
- Affordability: Traditional dentures are at least partially covered under most dental insurance plans.
- Aesthetics: Your denture will be custom-crafted to look natural and attractive.
Other Denture Options
Dr. van Zyl's patients may also select the following denture types:
- Cosmetic dentures - these high-end dentures combine top-quality dental porcelain teeth with a customized pink resin denture base for a memorable smile.
- Neuromuscular dentures - by using advanced neuromuscular principles, these dentures provide unsurpassed denture fit and function. What's more, the dentures complement patients' facial features in such a way to create the appearance of a subtle facial lift.
- Immediate dentures - for your convenience, Dr. van Zyl can extract your teeth and place your dentures in the same day.
Which Type of Denture is Right for Me?
Dr. van Zyl and his team are committed to delivering dental solutions that provide long-term satisfaction. Choosing the right type of denture will depend on your preferences, budget, oral health, and other factors. During a personal consultation with Dr. van Zyl, he can review your aesthetic goals, oral health needs, and other factors to identify an ideal restorative solution.
Schedule Your Denture Consultation
Whether you need to replace one tooth or an entire arch, we can help you select a type of restoration that will meet your needs and improve your quality of life. To explore the different types of dentures we offer, contact van Zyl Center for Advanced Dentistry today.